Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Coco has been especially clinging today. She's one of our educational birds who enjoys being tossed in the air and she screams loudly as you do so. Coco makes a sound akin to Sonar. She has a little whining cry that she makes whenever she wants even the slightest amount of attention. I'm used to it. Sometimes it feels strange when she stops doing it and I find myself looking around to see what she is up to.


Each bird has their own distinctive calls. Along with those they each also share calls with their ragtag flock at the sanctuary. Visitors often ask me how I stand the noise. They think that I am being silly when I say "what noise?" For me, it is a symphony of wants or needs, comfort or discomfort, happiness or sadness. You can't help but feel needed and wanted, a part of the flock.

No comments:

Post a Comment